Wednesday 23 May 2012

And now for something more successful

Waves of Time
Gillian Cooper, 2012
110 x 120cm

As well as making the journal quilts, over the past few months, I have also been making this new piece,Waves of Time.  It is quite a bit bigger than A4, just over a metre in each direction.  On the figure are lots of other little figures all embroidered on using my Pfaff Embroidery Unit.  I wanted them all to be similar, but there are deliberate subtle variations, just as we are all different.

Waves of Time (detail)
Gillian Cooper, 2012
110 x 120cm
I also kept away from regular shaped edges, as I didn't want a binding to frame the piece, I wanted it to go its own way.

I think it is more successful than the journal quilts - what do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts