Tuesday 25 September 2012

A moment of madness


 
I’ve been a bit quiet on the blog front recently, not because I haven’t been doing much to share, but rather because I’ve been doing loads!  Since my youngest started school just over a month ago, I’ve been helping out the lovely organisers of the LochLomond Quilt Show one day a week, started back teaching 5-14 year olds art on a Saturday morning and written some articles (more when they are published) and spent some time trying to get my own work back on track, whilst working at a possible book idea.  
 

 

As if that wasn’t enough, Dawn and I have also started mini-ArtWorks for 1-5 year olds.  Running art classes for pre-schoolers and their parents is proving fun and popular with the parents.  We already have two full classes and a waiting list for another third.  I have to admit I wasn’t sure about art and pre-schoolers, especially as I have just finished that phase myself.  However, we knew that it was something that people really wanted locally, so we thought we would give it a try.  And actually, I’m really enjoying it.  Well, apart from the cleaning up afterwards!  Last week we played with salt dough and flour.  I’ve got some left over and keep meaning to make something with it myself.

 

I’m not quite sure what the next activity with the pre-schoolers will be.  I quite fancy trying painting with feet, but I might chicken out of it due to the mess!
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts