Tuesday 1 May 2012

the unsuccessful journal quilts ... 3


So having felt so-so about the first two journal quilts for the Contemporary Quilt Group Challenge, I think a sense of boredom was setting in by the time I made the third.  If I was getting bored by them, then I can't really expect anyone else to like them! 

I can't remember which colour the next group of four is meant to be, but I have definitely decided that I don't want to continue with the basic shapes - it doesn't really strike a chord for me and making a series of work away from my main work has been a distraction rather than a way of refreshing my work.  So being positive, I'm looking forward to making some new relevant work!

1 comment:

Frieda Oxenham said...

Next colour: yellow. And despite being very fond of it I found the first one hard. I'm using pictures of details found in graveyards as my inspiration and by fitting the quilts into my 52 Journals project I feel it's worth persevering with them but it's definitely hard going! Too much hand tying by these extra rules and not enough artistic freedom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts