|Preserved by Gillian Cooper|
This is another little piece I made recently. It’s approx 8in square.
It started out as I don’t like waste (I’m not sure whether I’m trying to be ecologically sound or whether I’m just plain mean...), so as I had some leftover screen printing ink, I used it on some spare fabric rather than scraping it into the bin.
The figure is stitched using the machine embroidery unit on my Pfaff sewing machine. I designed it based on a drawing and screen I made last year. I needed to sample that it was the correct size, etc so used this piece of spare fabric. I liked it so I added in the bar of the distressed pattern to balance off the design.
The size is because I’m intending to undertake the Contemporary Quilt Group (CQ) challenge of making an 8in square quilt each month this year. I have until the end of April to make the first four. I’m actually finding 8in square rather challenging – it’s almost too small, but I’ll see if I can manage better than last time I did the challenge (I got as far as August!).