|Printing materials - strawberry and bubblewrap|
Open Studios finished last night and today my studio is getting back to normal. During the week I had some tables set up so visitors could try mono-printing using gelli-plates. Rachel enjoyed it so much she came twice and got greatly in the spirit of it trying to mark make with strawberries. It did work, but they tasted so nice, I ate them rather than print with them!
|Mark making with the strawberry on the gelli-plate|
When I cleared up yesterday evening, there was a lovely pile of prints that I had made as demonstration pieces. Although they are only on cheap copier paper, I really like some of them and they will make great backgrounds for some artwork or perhaps to be turned into artists books. I do like the prints on better quality paper, but it is good to see that you can achieve satisfactory results with the basics.
|Rachel with the strawberry print|
All three of my children eventually had a go and it was great to see the effects the boys achieved by just drawing very quickly into the paint on the gelli-plate before printing. Watching the immediacy of the kids printing is very inspiring – sometimes I spend too much time thinking, whereas they just go for it, without caring too much.
|Some of my gelli-prints mixed in with the children's|
So now, I’m trying to get back to normal and am working on a new big piece which I started last week. I also have the first C&GCertificate class starting on Thursday, which is very exciting. I have virtually everything ready for it, just got to get the house tidied now before the students arrive. I’m sure most times the C&G comes up I’m going to regret running it in my home studio as I need to tidy the house, but secretly that was one of my goals with running it from home to try and force me to be tidier! I just hope it rubs off on the rest of the family...
|Working on the new piece|