Friday 19 August 2016

Some highlights from the Festival of Quilts 2016

The Festival of Quilts at the NEC, Birmingham took place last weekend.  I went down for three days, but as I had decided to take a number of courses, I only really had 1/2 a day for mooching around looking at the quilts.
As always there were some lovely quilts and looking at my photos this morning, I didn't take many photos this year and I don't seem to have taken photos of all my favourite galleries such as that by Claire Benn and Ingrid Press.  Rather than share full photos at such a small resolution you don't get any idea at all of what the quilt was really like, here is a selection of close ups of some that caught my eye at the Show.
Ineke Berlyn - Pieces of Positivity 2
Edwina Mackinnon - Pathways

Helen Cowans - Forgotten Women of the Land

Leah Higgins, winner of the Art Quilts Category - the breakdown printing was beautiful

Cas Holmes - Unfolding Landscape Summer Verge

Laura Kemshall, Winner of the Quilters' Guild Challenge.  You can read about this amazing quilt and her new processes on her blog at https://www.designmatterstv.com/winning-quilters-guild-challenge-52-degrees/

Ruth Singer with her winning quilt in the Fine Art Quilt Masters category

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh thanks for saying who won Fine Art Quilt Masters. I could never find who had won.
Glad to meet you there, even for just a few minutes.
Sandy

Gillian Cooper said...

Ruth's quilt was outside the main Fine Art Quilt Masters area, so it was harder to spot. I'm really pleased for her.
Good to see you there too, Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts