Monday 24 November 2008

Guilty Escape

We've just had an exhausting weekend having been down to Leeds for brother-on-law's 50th birthday party. The party was fun, but the monsters did not sleep well and so neither did we. However, I did manage several hours of freedom at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate. There were lots of exciting things to see and I spent ages talking with different people. I really liked Anita Bruce's knitted evolutionary shapes, all handed knitted in metal, set out like museum exhibits. At a totally different level, Raymond Honeyman's hand painted designs for tapestries were astounding; thousands of little dots of paint on graph paper.
As usual I spent more than I intended, this time on beautiful Japanese hand knit yarn from Habu. They are so delicate and some have some paper content or stainless steel, which gives a lovely sheen. I am going to try and knit a jumper with them, which is rather ambitious given my hand knitting skills. It will be several years in the making.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts