Tuesday 18 November 2008

So finally, I am getting started. This blog is about my textile practice as it (hopefully) grows and develops. Today I was at Duncan of Jordanstone Art School in Dundee. I had another first, as I gave the first presentation about my work. Apparently my nerves didn't show and the talk seemed well received.



I did some digital printing onto scrim to which I had needled felted some wool tops. The uneven surface didn't affect the printer too much, so I'm hopeful of a good result tomorrow when I can remove it from the backing. I'll add a picture when I have it steamed. For the moment, this is the image I was trying to print.



The rest of the day was spent on the knitting machine and I finally managed to knit a whole large piece without it falling off or running out of yarn. Hooray! This is the pattern I used. It looks nothing like what the knit will be after I have felted it. If only all days could be as productive as this.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts