We had one of our rare 'proper' editorial meetings for Popular Patchwork the other week, where we gathered from across the country and sat down together and discussed where the magazine is going and what should be featured. It's really enjoyable to feel part of a team when we all work from home in front of our computers normally and send emails. There's also lots of exciting things going on. One of the discussions we had was how to get the word quilting more prominent on the cover. I couldn't come up with any great phrases and my best offering was 'quality quilting'. I'm not expecting that to feature any time soon!
On the making front, the Shelter pieces are developing, but more slowly than I expected. It's taking more time to add the blanket ribbon than I thought would be needed to add the ribbon and finish everything thing. It's getting a bit tedious, so I'm hiding typing this, ignoring the large piece of semi pinned brushed cotton, silk and blanket ribbon that has taken over the living room floor. I still haven't got one of them complete and I've got five still to do. However, they do look good with fabric over them - like ghosts or wraiths - even I was spooked and I made them.
This photo is of my May journal quilt for PP - lots of torn fabric scraps and some beads on top. Another outcome of our editorial meeting is that we are definitely having a stand at the Festival of Quilts and my journal quilts are going to be on show there (unless we are absolutely inundated with reader ones), so I'm going to have to get finishing them better so that they stand up to our readers closer inspection.