Wednesday 22 February 2012

Goddess at the Scottish Story Telling Centre


Finally, it feels as if my work is coming together.  I am very impatient by nature and want everything to happen now, but the world doesn’t work like that and it means I have to write lots of applications, etc before I find the one that is going to be successful.  Over the past few months, I have written many applications for a variety of things and so far February is turning out to be a fruitful month (4 acceptances vs 2 rejections!)

When I saw the call for submissions for an exhibition entitled ‘Goddess’, related to a theatre production at the Scottish Story Telling Centre, I knew that I had to apply and that it would fit in perfectly with the themes of my ‘Unsung Muses’ work.  So I was thrilled to get an email today telling me that my work will be included.  The exhibition opens in Edinburgh on Friday 2nd March, with a Private View from 7-9pm.  Please come along if you can.  It should be an interesting show, with work from a number of different artists.  I can’t wait to see their work and how it fits with the theme.  All I need to do now is organise the childcare so I can hang the work...!

2 comments:

Frieda Oxenham said...

That's wonderful news, Gillian. Lots of congratulations and I'll definitely try to go and see it although probably not on that evening. A great achievement!

Maggi said...

Congratulations on all the acceptances, your hard work is obviously paying off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts