Friday 17 May 2013

Out & About: Unsung Muses at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show

Unsung Muses is having an outing to the Loch Lomond Quilt Show this week.  Hanging it proved a bit challenging, but I am rather pleased with myself as I had to go up the ladder and tie off the ends.  As a child I couldn’t go upstairs at Primary School, I was so scared of heights, so sitting at the top of the ladder and feeling comfortable there was actually quite an achievement!

I love the Loch Lomond Quilt Show.  It always has a variety of interesting exhibitions and you normally discover an artist or body of work you knew nothing about, but whose work excites you.  Hopefully this year that artist and work will be mine!
The first two days have been fun; the visitors are lovely and I’m catching up with lots of quilting friends as they come round to see the Show.
The actual work looks very different from when I hung it at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham two years ago.  It’s amazing how different it looks in a different setting.  Personally, I like the white gallery walls better without quilt frames, but a number of people have commented how much more they like it here, with lots of natural lights and a more human setting.  What do you think?





2 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Hello Gillian, it was lovely to meet you at the Show yesterday and we were so busy chatting about other things that I missed saying how much I enjoyed looking at your very unusual textiles. They looked wonderful in their setting and it was so good that you could walk round them and enjoy all the details.

Margaret said...

The Muses are looking quite at home in their show space -- well done!

And congratulations on your ladder work! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts