Tuesday 11 January 2011

Drawing the Figures

 
As this is the start of a new project, it is time to get back to drawing.  Drawing is not one of my strengths, but it is useful spending time concentrating on the objects I'm using as a jumping off point.  All of these are from photos of things I saw at Quai Branly in Paris in October.  The top one is in pencil (thanks to Morag who gave me the box of muted tone Derwent Signature pencils for my birthday); the others are in watercolour. 
I really like the rounded nature of the first object, which I have drawn several times now.  I can already see how these will translate into fabric, but I'm trying to slow down and not rush straight to the first obvious idea.  Hopefully with a bit of restraint and creativity something more interesting will emerge!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts