Saturday 1 October 2011

Greek Thomson Art Event coming up

I've been a bit quiet on the blog front as I have been concentrating on trying to market my work rather than making, so there hasn't been much to tell.  I don't want to bore you all with the details until I have something exciting to share rather than all the slog of phoning/writing/attempting and not getting far!  I'm really looking forward to getting back into the studio and creating, but having neglected the marketing for years I really do need to give it a go.

As well as marketing, I have been busy planning our next community art event.  This will be the Balfron Big Draw on 22 October from 10-4 in the McLintock Hall.  We're theming it around the architect Alexander Greek Thomson who was born in Balfron.  His work is everywhere in Glasgow and he was responsible for the Greek revival in the 19th century, which influenced architects like Frank Lloyd Wright.  We have had great fun thinking up lots of different activities and I'm hoping I get a chance at them all as they all sound so great.

This drawing is one I made after visiting Holmwood House, designed by Greek Thomson and we are using it for our postcards advertising the event.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts