Friday 22 July 2011

Countdown to the Festival of Quilts


I’m on the countdown to the Festival of Quilts now. I have 17 days before I leave to go and hang the work. Obviously by this stage, I have got it all completed, packed, piles of postcards and other small items ready to go... if only!

As usual, I’m on my last minute mode. I would like to think I will learn something from the experience of making this body of work. Already, I can see the two main lessons are ‘don’t be over ambitious’ and ‘remember everything takes much longer than you think it will, so leave plenty of time.’ Good sound lessons, but this could be referring to my last project and the one before, so obviously these are two lessons I am incapable of learning! However, hopefully it leads to quality work.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I can't wait to see the exhibition for real. The pieces you have shown so far look fascinating but I want a real close up. Nothing like a deadline to get you going though, seem to remember you have been here before!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts