Friday 1 November 2013

Not in my studio: excuses for no work

This blog post started out completely different, two days ago, but just as I started writing, I got that dreaded phone call from school.  The one that doesn’t begin ‘It’s alright Mrs Cooper, we’re just calling because...’  My eldest had a collision in the playground and had broken his arm. 
So my initial blog post about an artist’s book I’m making went out the window as has my ‘what I’ve done in the studio this week’ update, because between two days in two different hospitals, a speech therapy appointment for another child, Halloween and a car which yelled ‘stop, go no further’ and made rude beeping noises on the way to the hospital, I’ve barely been in the studio!  Added to this, R has hurt his neck and the youngest fell off her scooter yesterday and has an enormous bruise on her forehead.  At least the fishes are fine!

Still hopefully things will get back to normal soon.  Oldest child is fine, apart from an arm in plaster for 4-6 weeks, the car is back from an expensive visit to the local car ‘hospital’ and is useable again.  I’m reasonably calm (I keep telling myself to breathe...) and can’t wait to get back into the studio to hide and make more things.  So the blog post is being delayed and will be what I have done over the past two weeks in the studio, next Friday!

Hope your week has been better...

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Perhaps time for a wee dram? Keep Calm and have a great weekend! :-)

Maggi said...

What a time of it you've had. Hopefully you've got all the disasters over and done with at once.

Ruth Singer said...

Oh no! Poor C. I hope he's not in pain. Sounds like a nightmare of a week, hope it all improves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts