Friday 28 March 2014

in my studio: wall of opportunity or wall of shame?


Are you a glass half-full or half-empty kind of person?  I would like to be the former, but I think at times, I can see the gloomy side of things too much – perhaps it is my Scottish upbringing and background coming through!  So looking at this photo gives me the perfect opportunity to gauge how I view the world.  It is all my current work in progress, which I put up on my design wall, just to see what there was.   Some of it is very old and will probably never be completed and in fact I had totally forgotten about; others are bits I’ve worked on this week, quite compulsively so.  So is it a wall of opportunity – lots of things to do – or is it a wall of shame – look at everything I’ve left unfinished...!
I actually put it up last week and have left it in place, because it provides a powerful sense of what my work is about in my studio.  I’m enjoying looking at it, seeing the synergy, having new ideas... for even more work to be in progress.  So I think at the moment it is a wall of opportunity.  However, if it hasn’t changed by this time next year, it would definitely be a wall of shame!

3 comments:

Maggi said...

Definitely not a wall of shame. Really interesting things up there.

Vicki Miller said...

I agree. Lots of interesting pieces and most of them are linked together!

Gillian Cooper said...

Glad you think so - it has definitely opened my eyes to some more possibilities for the work - but I do need to keep finishing, not just starting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts