Sunday 22 April 2012

Unsung Muses to visit Bankfield in Halifax


I'm really excited to tell you that in 2013 I'm having a solo exhibition at Bankfield Museum in Halifax of my 'Unsung Muses' pieces that were at the Festival of Quilts last year. The series is being expanded and there are going to be several new wall pieces to add to the ones already made.

The other week I went to Bankfield and met with Karen Lewis, who manages the exhibitions. It was great to finally meet her after many phone and email conversations about a possible show. The space in the main temporary exhibition gallery looked perfect for my work and we also are considering some pieces in the main gallery to be seen as you walk up the grand staircase into the museum.

We also discussed the possibility of hanging complementary work from the Bankfield collection in the main gallery. It is lovely to be so involved in the overall feel of the show and I'm sure that the next 18 months until it is hanging will fly by, so I'd better get on with making these additional pieces!

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Congratulations. It is a lovely gallery and I have visited it many times.

magsramsay said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm sure your muses will appreciate hanging in such an environment.

Frieda Oxenham said...

That is so wonderful, Gillian. Lots of congratulations!

Ruth Singer said...

OH i missed this completely! wonderful stuff. A beautiful museum & perfect location for your work. I will be there for the opening :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts