Saturday 20 November 2010

Life begins today...

... or so I am told as it is my 40th birthday.  Yesterday was spent in the kitchen cooking for the party and hopefully today will be fun and relaxing, but probably not, as we are having a party at home for lots of family and friends and their children.  It should be fun, but rather chaotic.
As life is beginning, it feels like time for a change and so, after more than five years, I am stopping subbing Popular Patchwork at the end of the year.  I've really enjoyed working as part of the team and will miss it, but hopefully I will still be writing articles and making projects for it, so it is not a total goodbye.
The main reason for giving up the regular paid work (I must  be mad!) is to give me more time to concentrate on my art.  I want to spend what time I have whilst the children are at school creating and considering my art practice.  I do have a big goal in mind and although I can't say anything definite yet, let me suggest it involves Birmingham in August.  I'm really excited by the opportunity and am looking forward to getting down to some serious making.  Although it may have to wait until we've done some serious tidying up next week!

2 comments:

Frieda Oxenham said...

Congratulations, Gillian, on both your birthday and your decision and I for one can't wait and see what will be on show in Birmingham!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday! You're so young...technically, if I'd begun in my (late) teens, I'd be old enough to be your mum....SO....good for you for leaping into the artistic challenge when you have the energy as well as the drive. May it prove a successful, joyous and creative journey for you -- and a blessing as well.

Best wishes for a wonderful year -- and decade -- ahead!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts