Tuesday 30 November 2010

Snow dyeing continued...


We uncovered the pieces of fabric we had left out in the snow today.  It had snowed several inches more (as you can see from the blue box photo - the snow was only up to the top yesterday), so it took a bit of finding - there were not many tell-tale dye spots.  


The results were fun, not at all subtle, but what can you expect when you make up full strength dyes in primary colours and let three children loose on them!


Today, my enthusiastic helpers plus a friend decided to stay inside and let me do the work.  However, they did cheer valiantly everytime a piece of fabric was uncovered and the oldest one did dain to take the pictures.  The fabric seems to be rinsing out well, without much colour loss, although it isn't completed as I got distracted by preventing disputes and fights.  Maybe I can nup out one evening and do some when they are in bed as I think the effects could be cool.  On the other hand, maybe I'll just collapse on the sofa with a glass of wine as tomorrow is another closed school day.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts