Sunday 28 August 2011

Continuing fame


I'm still trying to adjust back to normal life following all the hard work that I put into the Festival of Quilts.  It's strange to come back to reality and part of me does not want to: I'd rather be under pressure to create art work than deal with the cleaning, cooking etc! The little time I have available whilst our youngest is at nursery just seems to fly in and it appears as though no progress is being made.  Already I'm wondering how did I manage to make the time to create so much work this year.

However, some things are continuing on:  I was featured in the Milngavie and Bearsden Herald last week (it's pronounced Mill-guy) and Just Hands-On TV filmed me at the Festival and it will go out on their website sometime soon.  Being filmed was fun, although I'm not sure that I want to watch myself and hear just how Scottish I sound and being hyper-critical about whether I smiled enough.  It was lovely to meet Valerie and by strange coincidence she used to own the quilt shop besides Hampton Court where I always managed to visit on our regular trips to Hampton Court when we lived in London.  I still have some of the fabric in my stash which I purchased there.

At the Festival I also met Pam Holland, who did a short interview with me which may go out on The Quilt Show blog - fingers crossed it makes it through the editing process.  It was fun to meet her as I had admired and written about some of her work for Popular Patchwork.  The same piece which I had seen at Houston, won second prize at the Festival of Quilts.

I think this is one of the joys of the quilt world, making connections between people and quilts and the more I quilt, the smaller this world seems to become.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Just enjoy basking in the glory. I'm sure the domesticity will soon give way to a new body of work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts