Monday 1 August 2011

One week tilI leave for the Festival of Quilts


One week to go until I leave for the Festival of Quilts and still the work is not quite complete... but it is definitely getting there.  I’m making final adjustments to lots of the pieces, making my sewing machine work hard.  At the same time, there are all the other things that need to be done to get the exhibition ready.  I’m getting some cards printed with images of the work and these went to print today.  I’ve also been mulling over what exactly to write in my statement about the work.  For someone who writes about textiles and quilts, I find it really hard to write about my own work.  I do know what it is about and what I’m trying to say, but it is difficult to express it succinctly.  I want it to sound arty and deep, but I also want it to be accessible to everyone, not just a select few.  I’ll find out if it has worked at the show.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Can't believe how quickly the FOQ is approaching. I'm sure that you will get everything done and look forward to seeing it at the show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts