Thursday 11 August 2011

Unsung Muses


The first day of the Festival of Quilts is finished.  It’s been great fun meeting so many people and hearing so many interesting interpretations of my work.  Once you let others see your work in a gallery setting, it stops belonging to you and becomes a shared experience as they muse (no pun intended) upon the piece.  Things I am unaware of in my work have been pointed out and I’m not sure if they are coincidences or whether they are there subliminally without me realising. 



For instance, a number of visitors have pointed out to the ‘Scottish’ palette in my figures. Is this because they have heard my accent or because the subdued earth-like palette is particularly Celtic?


I can’t wait to hear tomorrow’s interpretations as it is certainly making me ponder the work and its multiple meanings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts