Wednesday 13 January 2010

No 8


I'm losing track of time, but as I think today is the 13th, it means I'm still five behind where I wanted to be.  I'm trying to make them with what I have in the studio, as I really don't have time to go and look for appropriate materials in shops.  This is helped by the fact I hand dyed lots of cotton and silk and felt in approximately the right colours whilst I was up in Dundee.  I knew I would want to do something like this at some point.  However, the grey for these cobblestones had me stumped.  I ended up using a shot cotton (black and white) from Oakshott and then used a midnight blue fabric paint over the top.
Number nine is under way, but I need to try and climb over the mess on my studio floor to reach my cupboard to see if I have any silver foil.  That may take a few days!  Maybe I should make a resolution to tidy up my studio once I have finished this project.  However, I'm not sure that it will happen as I am sure to get distracted by something more interesting instead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts