Saturday 30 January 2010

Tarmac-ed 24 and top 25

Yes, I'm already beginning to struggle to find suitable adjectives starting with T, but I haven't given up yet, nor have I consulted the dictionary.  Maybe if I had, these would be less lame!  Anyway no.24 is a bit of a landmark as it is the first of the series made entirely without using any stitch.  Bizarrely I often find works look better photographed than they do in real life.  However, this is definitely not the case with this one.  It is more subtle and the tarmac T is acceptable because it is based on a photo of the road surface.
For no.25, it was back to stitch and trying to recreate the patterns in different ways.  I used programmed stitches on my Pfaff again, but this time I played with the settings, making them totally different from the picture on the machine to get the effect I wanted.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts